The Happy Camper & Date Night with Kloe...

After giving permission for Kota to go on his scout camp in the snow, in the dead of winter, I secretly hoped it would get cancelled.

It didn't.
At 2:50pm he came in to tell me goodbye--that sweet boy also thanked me and told me he loved me. I gave him a big hug and asked him if he had plenty of warm clothes, extra socks, etc etc.
I had completely lost track of time and realized I hadn't packed him any snacks.
This kid does not like to be late--in fact he prefers to be a good 15 minutes early so he left the house snackless and I felt horrible, even though he assured me the leaders were going to feed him. Now I had to worry about him freezing to death AND starving to death.

Tonight it was Kloe's turn to come with Mom and Dad on our date night.

Here is Kevin telling Kloe that our date nights usually consist of him and Mom holding hands across the table, gazing into each other's eyes and telling each other how much we love each other.
She wasn't buying it.
It was fun to have her all to ourselves and I think she enjoyed having our undivided attention.

She had a hard time choosing a dessert.
It came down to a choice between chocolate mousse cake and raspberry cheesecake.
The cheesecake won.


Popular Posts