My 39th Birth Day/Christmas Eve

I am feeling a little anxious now that my next birthday is the big 4-0.
I plan to enjoy every single day of this last year in my 30's.
I also made a list of all the things I want to accomplish before I turn 40--there's only 4 so SURELY I can accomplish them right?:
1-Dye my hair.
I have been avoiding this for a few years now. I really like my hair color, especially in the summer when the sun gives it red highlights. Unfortunately, I am spending way to much time pulling out all the gray hairs so it's about time I dye it :(
2-Finish writing "Lessons Learned From Grandma".
Last year I started writing some of the stories of my Grandma Emmy's life. I wanted to record these stories for my girls so I started putting them together--but didn't finish.
3-Read the New Testament
I'm teaching the New Testament in Sunday School next year and so I want to read it from start to finish.
4-Have the floor tiled in the basement bathroom.
I keep putting this off...I go shopping for tile, but don't find what I want and I don't have the patience to keep looking so I put it off. There's really no excuse, I just need to do it.
Anyway, back to my Birth Day--
We started the day at Mimi's for breakfast.
Thank goodness for the "HiPod" (as Janie calls it) --kept her busy while we waited.


My children have an obsession with hot chocolate...I'm pretty sure they would live on the stuff if I would let them...

Emmy is REAL excited about her bowl full of hot chocolate.




My new favorite thing...

Kevin's mom made this quilt for me for my birthday.
We've spent this month learning about each person in the nativity so it made this gift extra special.

My parents joined us for my birthday dinner.
Mom made me the cheesecake she used to make every year on my birthday--it was as good as I remembered it!


The kids opened their PJ's as soon as we got home from breakfast.
We spent the rest of the day watching movies and doing a whole lot of nothing.
It was fabulous.

Santa requested Reeses Peanut Butter Trees this year...anything for Santa!



Popular Posts