General Conference "Food" Recipes!

I've had several people ask me what we eat for our General Conference "Food" Extravaganza so I've included a few pictures and recipes below...



"Raining" Pretzels and M&M's

Once the main meal has settled and we're ready for a snack we have the kids pick a word at the beginning of a talk and every time the speaker says that word it "rains" either pretzels (and we're not talking just any pretzels, Kev makes a special trip to Cabela's for their AMAZING pretzels) or Peanut M&M's.
Kev throws the pretzels and I throw the M&M's.
(If you are picturing a wild food fight it's really quite controlled, for the most part.)
Hashbrown Quiche
24 oz Frozen Hashbrowns--plain patties (I've also used shredded and they work great too)
1/3 cup Melted Butter
*Lay hashbrowns in greased glass pan, brush on melted butter and bake @ 425 for 20 minutes.
*Then layer the following
1 cup Mont Jack Cheese
1 cup Cheddar Cheese
(I've also used Mex blend and it works great too)
1/4 cup Pepper Jack Cheese
1 cup diced Ham
*Mix the following and pour over casserole
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/4 tsp seasoning salt
pepper
(I like my casserole with more milk and egg so I add an egg and an additional 1/4 cup milk)
*Bake 30-40 minutes @ 350
Serve with Fresh Fruit and Sweet Rolls or Muffins
(I double this recipe for my family since they all LOVE it and eat a bunch)


Candy French Toast

Little Disclaimer! --I used texas toast (2 slices deep) in the above picture but I usually use french bread, we like it MUCH better!
*Mix the following and spread on the bottom of a 9x13 pan
1/2 cup Melted Butter
1 1/2 cup Packed Brown Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
*Cut 1 loaf of french bread into 9 slices and squish into pan on top of above mixture.
*Beat together the following
8 Eggs
2 Cups Milk
1/8 tsp salt
*Pour over the french bread
*Refrigerate over night then cook @350 for 45-60 minutes
The toast is amazing all by itself but if you are like a few of my kids and love syrup you can add some syrup too.
We also love to have this on Sunday mornings with bacon or sausage.
(Little tip--DO NOT put candles into the candy french toast while it's still hot. We had this for Jackson's birthday breakfast a few months ago and it became candy french WAX toast)

*****
During the Saturday afternoon session we have croissant sandwiches (a family favorite) with all the fixin's.


During the Sunday afternoon session we usually have a few snacks since we have a big Sunday dinner later that night.
Mozzarella sticks and a veggie tray is what we had this past conference.

A big thanks to my sister Natalie and my BFF Shelley for these recipes...they are and forever will be family favorites!

Popular Posts