Girls Trip to Washington April 7-14th

The girls and I went to visit my sister Natalie and her family in Washington for Spring Break. The girls couldn't wait for the airplane ride...but on the way to the airport Kloe had a little break down and didn't recover until we got all our baggage checked in.


She told me she got a little scared thinking about a movie she saw where an airplane crashed...then she pointed at this out the window and said that was the kind of plane that crashed in the movie (we'd like to thank Dad for watching Castaway with her a couple of months ago). We flew Southwest and all the girls agreed they like flying Jet Blue much better because they each get their own TV...lovely.



Here is Janie with her cousin Cardston. Cardston was the only boy cousin invited to this party...check out Natalie's sink. She is just finishing up remodeling a brand new kitchen and this apron front sink was my favorite part of the whole thing!








I found Kloe one night like this...she was so worn out she fell asleep sitting straight up. Natalie has 4 girls and they played from sun up to sun down, every single day.



Here's Emmy orchestrating the coloring of the eggs! Every mom needs an Emmy, she was a great help to both me and Natalie as we worked on Natalie's kitchen.





Danial earned big time brownie points for shuttling us all over Seattle on his day off...we went to the Seattle Temple...




The Space Needle...














Janie was a great little traveler!



And the beach!





We did a little swimming.



Janie's not very fond of the water...we'll change that this summer :)




The girls had 2 Easter egg hunts!




Here's me and my sister Natalie...(hey Chris and Carley, still lovin' that shirt you gave me!)




So my dear sister Natalie is a bit of an over achiever (love her sa much). She's the activities committee chairman and she has a ward activity EVERY month. They invite all their neighbors and get great turn outs. This month she had a sock hop. The girls LOVED it!




Kloe learned to hula hoop that night and I was shocked to see that Emmy (our little klutz--and I say that with love) was quite the professional hula hooper...she even won the hula hoop contest.




So, back in the day, I was quite the dancer...seriously I was! But with each baby I have I seem to become more and more uncoordinated, so now...6 children later, if I start dancing Kevin covers the children's eyes and begs me to stop. I was pretty darn proud that I can still hula hoop with the best of them!



I really think Emmy's found her gift...she can even work the hoop and hold Janie at the same time!




I've watched hours and hours of design shows so I consider myself a bit of an expert in certain design elements so I pretty much forced Natalie to relocate her cabinet to this wall. Doesn't it look nice? (sorry Nat you can totally move it back, it won't hurt my feelings--it does look fabulous there though) By the way, Natalie's house is the cutest house ever! It was built in 1900 and they've remodeled it from top to bottom.




Here is Natalie's Easter table...she has beautiful china and the flowers were for Natalie and myself from Danial (I think they were really just for her but he didn't want to hurt my feelings).




The girls had a very fun Easter tea party! Check out Natalie girl's cute hair--there she goes, over achieving again!




Thanks Nat and Danial for a very fun visit!



Popular Posts