Uncle Bobby's Boat!

Back in April we took a little trip to Boise to pick up a new boat for Uncle Bobby!
We left Dakota home with the grandparents and had a mini vacation with Jax and Emmy.  In addition to bowling, swimming and a movie, we also spent time with my brother Rick and sister in law Mindy and baby Jett who live in Boise.


Uncle Bobby buying a boat has worked out well for the Becks.
He needed a truck to pull his boat and we needed a boat to play in, so he provided the boat, we provide the truck and it's a win win!



My cousin Matt met us at Willard bay for a fun day!










This is the only picture I have of Rob...


At least I think it's Rob.
That's for sure Rob on Grandpa Moon's four wheeler :)



The kids are in the water every chance they get.




Dakota cracks us all up!!
See what I did there?



I caught him in the act.
Trying to steal his sister's other burrito.



A couple of months ago I started taking my Grandma Dee Dee grocery shopping every Monday (Grandma Dee Dee is actually my great aunt and Grandma Emmy's sister, but she's always been like a grandma to me).
Her eyes have gotten to where she can't see to drive so I have been so grateful to be able to help her out.
Emmy especially loves "shopping with Grandma Dee Dee".  She can't wait for Mondays to come!


(Me and Grandma Dee Dee performing at the Sollis Christmas party.)


(Me and Grandma Emmy getting ready to head out for my 10th birthday shopping spree.  Grandma Emmy celebrated the double digits with lunch and shopping!)

My Grandma Emmy has been declining.
She's in a care center and the family decided it's time to sell her home.
I was able to help clean it out.  At first I was a little sad, and then I realized things needed to be done, so I snapped out of it and went to work.
It was a good reality check for me, as far as worldly possessions go.  All of grandma's things no longer matter to her.  She doesn't need any of it.
I helped clean out her sitting room and there were so many books, notes and study materials.  Grandma knew her scriptures well and had a deep love for her Savior and her family--which is all that really matters, and she'll take those things with her.


Front and back of Grandma Emmy's home.
That's my mom and dad setting out for California shortly after they were married.


I came away with a few treasures to remember her by.  A little white wooden dresser, some wooden blocks for the kids and her china.
When I showed Emmy the china, I explained that it was her Grandma Emmy's and that when I die it will be hers.  Her reply, "Oh mom, I'm so excited for you to die!"
And then she realized what she said and followed up with, "No Mom, I was just kidding!".



Popular Posts