Family Old Evening

This sweet boy is so much fun to have around.
He's learning so quickly.
He's already a great fisherman, just like his Daddy.


One of our goals for 1997 is to hold weekly family home evenings.  Jackson calls it "Family OLD evening", and he loves it.  In one of our lessons we talked about Jesus Christ and his resurrection.  Jackson was very alert and interested throughout the lesson.  Later we knelt in family prayer and held hands instead of folding our arms (something new).  The next day Jackson asked me if we could have "Family old evening" in the living room.  So I sat in the rocker and he sat in the window sill.  Then he said, "First Mom, we need to have prayer".  So I folded my arms and he said, "No, we need to kneel down".  So we kneeled facing each other, and he held my hands.  It was the sweetest thing and made me cry.  It seems like I cry a few times a week between all the cute little things he and Emmy do.  I'm so grateful to be their Mama.



Jackson celebrated THREE years old at Old McDonalds on February 21st.
He loves that place.
Kevin took the day off and we also went to story time at the library and bowling--which Jackson LOVED.



Jackson is making great strides in the potty training department!
Emmy is crawling all over the place and will be walking soon!



Jackson, Emmy and their cousin Mickayla...



Mother's Day 1997



I have been really busy building my Mary Kay business.
In May I went on target for my car and finished this month!
Managers in Mary Kay are given a red Grand Am.
I've worked really hard, and Kevin has been so great to take care of the kids at night so I can hold skin care classes.



Congrats to Aunt Tami she graduated from the University of Utah with her Bachelor degree!



We are LOVING our Summer!
One of my team members gave us tickets to Lagoon.
The kids thought it was the best!





Kevin and Jackson have been doing lots of fishing!





Kevin's Grandpa Keith gave Kevin his fishing boat and Kevin and Jackson putter all over the lake.



Kevin has great memories of fishing with his Dad and both his grandpas when he was younger.



The other day Jackson came up to me and said, "Mom, you are pretty".  I assumed his Dad put him up to it, but later Kevin told me Jackson talked to him first and said, "Dad, can I go tell Mom she's pretty?"
So cute.
Being a Mama is the best :)

Popular Posts