Such a Sweetheart

This baby is such a sweetheart!
Great sleeper
Great nurser
Great snuggler



When Emmy was two weeks old, the mortuary called to say I needed to start delivering death certificates.  I was no where near ready to start working, but they didn't give me a choice.  So I bucked up, and the three of us spent hours each day in the car, going in and out of hospitals and Dr's offices.
I'd have the car seat with Emmy in one hand and hold Jackson's hand with the other.  He would fall asleep in the car and hate it when I'd have to wake him up to go in to another Dr's office.  It was rough on Emmy and her feeding schedule too.
A few weeks in, our car broke down.
I've never been so happy to have a car break down.
It had to be in the shop for two days--which saved us from a couple days of delivering death certificates.



Emmy has been spoiled with love!
Marci is so cute with her.
We had a fun visit from Aunt Jeri.



In July Uncle Stevie left for his mission!



He was called to Santiago Chile!
We dropped him off at the Provo MTC on July 17th.
I'm glad he was able to meet Emmy before he left.
It's strange to think she'll be running around and talking by the time he comes home.



We blessed Emmy in August.



I made her blessing dress while I was in college.
I took a child sewing class, and I've been saving it just for her.





Emmy Diana with her namesakes
Grandma Emmy and Grandma Dee Dee



Grandpa and Grandma Moon were able to be here for the blessing too!
And thanks to my parents for hosting the family dinner afterward.



After a month of delivering death certificates I was pretty discouraged.  I'd leave the house in the morning and never know when we would finish.  It was hard on the kids and hard on their mama.  About that same time Papa Dave told Kevin we could buy Grandpa Beck's house if we wanted to.  Kevin absolutely wanted to.  The numbers don't add up, but we are going to figure out a way to do it.



It is such a cute little home, but needed a lot of work before we could move in.
My parents knew how hard the death certificate job was on me and the kids and so they let us move in with them for a few weeks while we fixed up the house.
I've never been so happy to quit a job.



The kitchen had carpet that needed to be removed, along with the rest of the upstairs.





After painting the four bedroom apartment at the mortuary, we decided to simplify things and rent a sprayer.



We painted the place white from top to bottom.



I'm pretty sure Kevin will hate this picture, but it's the only one we have of the living room.



As if having a newborn, fixing up an old house and moving isn't enough, I decided to become a Mary Kay Consultant.  I loved their skin care and had been thinking about it for a while.  So when I left the mortuary job, I decided to go for it.
I signed under my sister Tricia and once we are moved in and settled I'll get to work.



And thanks to Mama Linda for sacrificing her time and her pants to take care of Emmy while we worked on the house.




Popular Posts