We’re Figuring it Out



We have zero idea what we are doing, but little by little, we are figuring it out.



This guy is a natural at the dad thing.



I had to go back to my 6th grade student teaching assignment a week after Jackson was born, so Kevin has helped out at night and is all in the minute he gets home from work.



Trying to figure out nursing (which Jackson has zero interest in so I'm pumping for now), how to take care of a newborn, and teach school was really overwhelming.  I came home exhausted every night.  My first week back I got mastitis.  I couldn't miss any more days of teaching, so I just powered through.  I went on a strong antibiotic and by my second (and final) week, I was back on my game and finished strong.  Between missing an entire week of teaching and being completely out of it the next, the teacher I was working with said if I hadn't bounced back that last week she would have recommended I do the entire semester over again.  That would have been horrible.





Our mom's saved the day, each taking turns spending a week taking care of Jax during the day, and helping with the cooking and cleaning. We couldn't have done it without them.



Jackson with his great grandma and grandpa Moon.
He is their first great grandchild.





Poor little guy had such a cone head.
It took a few weeks for it to get back to normal.



Apparently I am an over producer when it comes to milk, so I keep getting breast infections.
They are the worst.
Heating pads are the best.



Baby Jax with Uncle Stevie.



1 month old



In April we blessed Jackson in my parent's ward, since most of our family lives in Salt Lake.



Four generations.



Marci and Rhett are such great friends.
Marci and I have pretty much been through everything together since the 4th grade.







Jackson is also the first grandchild on both sides of our family.



Kevin's family came to Logan to spend Mother's Day with us and also to help us pack up and move to Salt Lake.
I finished my bachelor degree in March so Kevin took a job with the Deseret Mortuary where we were given a large two bedroom apartment, in exchange for Kevin picking up dead bodies a few nights each week. The mortuary has five apartments and Marci and Rhett live there too.  We were excited to live near them and our families.



Kevin has kept his job with Watkins Printing.
He drives to Salt Lake and Provo for deliveries, so it's worked out great.
I'll be honest though.  It's a little creepy living below the embalming room.  We can hear the gurneys rolling around above us, and the elevator that transports the bodies is on the other side of our wall.  But, it's such a great apartment, and the money we save not paying rent is totally worth it.

Popular Posts