Meet Jackson Thomas Beck

At about 8:15am I was ready to push, and with Kevin coaching me I pushed for over an hour.  Then Dr Landeen arrived and took matters into his own hands, whipping out his forceps.
I would have preferred to keep pushing, but he had another delivery waiting.



At 9:41am Jackson Thomas Beck was born.
Me and Kevin were convinced we were having a girl, so we were both surprised to see he was a boy!
He weighed 6 pounds 12 ounces and 18 1/2 inches long.



We couldn't believe how smooth things went, and we couldn't stop looking at him.



I just kept thinking, that wasn't so bad, I could totally do it again.



It's amazing the immediate love we felt for Jackson.
And I felt as if my love for Kevin doubled in an instant.



Kevin took off work and school to stay with us in the hospital.
He's looked forward to the day he would be a dad since he was little, and he is loving every minute.



We had lots of visitors
Both our families
Marci and Rhett
Aunt Jeri, Mike and Matt
Uncle Brian, Aunt Jill and Erica
Jackson even got to meet his Great Grandpa and Grandma Keith



Our hospital stay was a whirlwind.
Jackson wanted no part of nursing so we were sent to a nursing class.  I could barely stay awake.  My adrenaline was still surging so I wasn't getting much sleep.  Kevin paid attention and listened as the nurse explained nursing tips and self-breast exams.  The way she was talking he was sure she was going to take off her shirt to demonstrate.  Thankfully, she didn't.  Kev was relieved.
We left the hospital two days after Jackson was born.
After arriving at our apartment and unloading Jackson and all the baby items, we sat down and looked at each other.
We had no idea what we'd gotten ourselves into.
We were both so grateful my mom was due to arrive in a couple of hours to help.

Popular Posts