Our First Christmas



On December 10th my Uncle Stan passed away unexpectedly.
It was a shock to everyone.
He was only 45.
He died of a cerebral hemorrhage.
I am so sad for my Aunt Jeri and my cousins.
One of the memories that stands out most to me of my Uncle Stan.  It was a Sunday and we were visiting their ward.  I was a teenager, maybe around 15, and I went with my cousins to Sunday School.  Uncle Stan was teaching the class, and as he taught, I knew that he knew his Savior Jesus Christ.  I don't remember exactly what he said in the lesson, but I remember how I felt--I felt the Holy Ghost testify of Jesus Christ.  I'll never forget that.



The funeral was beautiful.
My Aunt Jeri was so strong throughout the day.
I have a theory about how people who lose a close loved one can pull it together well enough to plan and carry out a viewing and funeral.  I believe the Lord provides comfort and lifts a part of the burden, but I also think you go into some level of shock.  But that's just my opinion.
I was impressed with the many, many people who came to support their family.



Thank goodness for future iPhone cameras.
I guess A camera is better (barely) than no camera.
Six months pregnant in our new apartment--USU Aggie Village Apt 33-F
It was a huge relief for us to finish up finals.
We spent a lot of time in Salt Lake with our families during Christmas break.



We all piled into my parent's basement for the Moon family Christmas party.
Lots of aunts, uncles and cousins.
I am the oldest and first grandchild to have a baby.



My sister Tricia let us borrow her tree.
I've been thinking a lot about what I want Christmas's to look like in the future with our kids.
I don't want to get so caught up in the Santa stuff that they forget about Christ.



I had the best birthday/Christmas Eve.  Kevin took me to the Mandarin for my favorite hot and sour soup and tiny spicy chicken.  When we were completely stuffed we drove to Malad to see my Grandma and Grandpa Moon.  It was a spontaneous trip, but I think we may make it a new birthday tradition.
We had so much fun with Grandma and Grandpa!  We spent about five hours with them and Grandpa kept us laughing with all his stories.  Grandpa was especially impressed with our car--an old blue Chevy Caprice Classic Kevin's Grandpa and Grandma Keith gave us.  We nick named it "the boat".  Grandpa had some pretty cool cars too back in the day. 
They were sad to see us go and tried to convince us to stay the night, but we had to be in Salt Lake early the next morning so we headed for home.  It was such a great visit--one I'll never forget.
When we got home we talked about Christmas traditions we'd like to have as a family.
We started one tonight where we pick one thing to give to Jesus during the year, write it on a piece of paper and put it somewhere we can be reminded of our gift all year long.



We didn't have Christmas stockings so we improvised with some Christmas fabric I had on hand and a glue gun.
Speaking of stockings.
My feet really started to swell this month.
I've never seen anything like it.
And it seems the swelling is moving North, to my face.
I feel like I'm getting puffier every day.



We arrived in Salt Lake in time for Kevin's family's Christmas breakfast.
It was such a nice morning.
Kevin's family spoiled us!



Kevin's parents gave us this rocker.
It was the perfect gift.
I can't wait to rock our little one.




Popular Posts