Gweesuspreegnant

We spent July 20-25th in Jackson Hole with Kevin's family.
I've been busy with Summer school, a few week long all-day workshops, a night class and a home study class.
I was ready for a break and Jackson was such a fun trip!
We decided to tell the family about the baby.  I'm only six weeks along, but we couldn't wait!
We played Balderdash at the lodge and when it was Kevin's turn his word was "gweesupreegnant".
Nobody caught on until Kevin repeated it slower and clearer.  He said, "I think it's pronounced guess who's pregnant?".
Everyone was so excited!
His mom screamed right out loud.
It was the best!



Breakfast by the lake.
Saw the play, Big River.
And we went on a river run.





We also braved a 12 mile hike to Lake Solitude.







Some of us didn't quite make it to the lake though.
I may have pushed it a little.
When we got home I started spotting and cramping.
An ultrasound showed a tiny little baby with a healthy beating heart, but the Dr still put me on bed rest for a few weeks.
I didn't mind too much.
I'm so nauseated, tired and emotional.  I cry easily--which isn't like me at all.
It's been nice to take a break.
I read several volumes of The Work and the Glory.
Kevin is taking such good care of me.
He's taken over all the housework, except for the day he had the stomach flu and puked all day long.  He said it helped him appreciate how I've been feeling :)
The house hunt has been frustrating.
We found one with the right price, but it was a dump.
Another landlord turned us down because we were having a baby.  That really made Kevin mad.
We found the cutest little house out in Hyrum.  The price was slightly over our budget and the location isn't close to campus, but we could have made it work.
Thankfully, we found out today a two bedroom apartment in Aggie Village came available.  The price is right and it's within walking distance of campus, so we took it.  We will move in later this month.

Popular Posts