Thinking


My mom sat me down yesterday and gave me a lecture (with love) about how just because I am not up all night taking care of a newborn I still delivered a baby and my body needs time to heal and to take a few weeks off to rest.  She's worried about me, that what we mom's do, worry about our kids.  I promised to take her advice.  I've never been a super mom when it comes to recovering from child birth.  I've spent the day on ice in my recliner.  Janie would tell you that "Mom is icing her beauties".  Apparently the beauties don't know the situation and still think they need to produce milk :)
So, I've had a lot of time to think today.  I am a thinker.  The husband would tell you I think waaay too much, I have a habit of over thinking. 
I've been thinking about the husband.  He's been the rock of our family through all of this, making sure I get what I need and that the kids have what they need.  Cute Emmy said to him yesterday, "Everyone is so worried about mom but how are you doing Dad?".  I watched him grieve with me in the hospital but back at home he's strong and taking care of everyone and everything.  I don't know what we'd do without him.
I've been thinking about my cousin and his wife who lost their sweet 14 year old son Ryan today.  Ryan had a heart attack last week.  So sudden and completely unexpected.  My heart breaks for their family.
I've also been thinking about our friends and family.  Our doorbell hasn't stopped ringing since yesterday.  So many have been so generous and kind.


Grandma and Aunt Tami planned a fun day for the girls, taking them downtown on Traxx and visiting the library and new City Creek Mall.  They had the best day!



Will Janie's poor bangs ever recover from her haircut?



I finally quit thinking while we watched Mission Impossible and Kloe gave me the best foot rub!

Go HERE to read more about the days following Baby Kevin's Birth.


Popular Posts