St George Beckventures - Day 4
Golf was on tap for Saturday morning.
Kevin was there in spirit :)


The guys had a great time and it was a beautiful morning!


The docs knew we were in St George on vacation so they were really great to schedule his second CT scan early (6am) and have all the paperwork ready to go so we could get out of there before noon.

And yes folks, that's day 4 of the shirt :)
In his defense, had he known he'd be having a sleep over at the hospital, he'd have packed an overnight bag along with his tennis racquet.
And I'll be honest, it's day 2 of my shirt.

Kev was so happy to get out of the hospital, but his poor brain had a hard time with all the stimulation.
When we got back to the house, he visited with the kids for a bit, and then took a nap.
We arrived home just in time for me to go with all my girls for our 1:30 pedicure appointment.
Before...



This was my first pedicure of the year and probably the favorite of my life.
After the last 24 hours, this was the perfect activity.
And it was Lilly and Janie's first pedicure of their life, and they LOVED it!




That night we held a plank contest.
Congrats to Garren, the winner.
And Becky Beck, first loser.

We also played Becky's Bingo!


I have really upped my game on the prizes.
Gift cards
Vera Bradley spoils
Mini waffle maker
But look what the hot items were...


I could not even believe it.
I brought them as an after thought.
Had no idea they'd be the first to go.

It was so good to be back with all our babies.
Friday night, in the hospital, I kept thinking about our back to school theme for the year...
Come what may and love it.
My initial thought was, what is there to love about Kevin in the hospital with a concussion?

Last month I hired an awesome life coach.
I've worked with Jody Moore in her Be Bold membership for the past couple of years, but I wanted more one-on-one help, so I reached out to Jacqlin and she's been so great.
She's helping me understand my brain and take responsibility for my thinking, and I love her for it.
Yesterday she shared a blog post entitled Loving Life Even When You're Suffering.
It is so good and goes right along with our theme.
You can check it out HERE.
Kevin was there in spirit :)
The guys had a great time and it was a beautiful morning!
The docs knew we were in St George on vacation so they were really great to schedule his second CT scan early (6am) and have all the paperwork ready to go so we could get out of there before noon.
And yes folks, that's day 4 of the shirt :)
In his defense, had he known he'd be having a sleep over at the hospital, he'd have packed an overnight bag along with his tennis racquet.
And I'll be honest, it's day 2 of my shirt.
Kev was so happy to get out of the hospital, but his poor brain had a hard time with all the stimulation.
When we got back to the house, he visited with the kids for a bit, and then took a nap.
We arrived home just in time for me to go with all my girls for our 1:30 pedicure appointment.
Before...
This was my first pedicure of the year and probably the favorite of my life.
After the last 24 hours, this was the perfect activity.
And it was Lilly and Janie's first pedicure of their life, and they LOVED it!
That night we held a plank contest.
Congrats to Garren, the winner.
And Becky Beck, first loser.
We also played Becky's Bingo!
I have really upped my game on the prizes.
Gift cards
Vera Bradley spoils
Mini waffle maker
But look what the hot items were...
I could not even believe it.
I brought them as an after thought.
Had no idea they'd be the first to go.
It was so good to be back with all our babies.
Friday night, in the hospital, I kept thinking about our back to school theme for the year...
Come what may and love it.
My initial thought was, what is there to love about Kevin in the hospital with a concussion?
I did't love that this happened to Kevin, but as I thought about it, I did find lots of other things to love and I wrote a few thoughts in my journal...
-I love that Kevin was doing something he loved before the accident
-I love that his kids were there to help him
-I love that Garren's grandpa told him to always have consecrated oil on him and that Jackson could give Kevin a blessing
-I love that a hospital was near and we have great insurance to get whatever care he needed
-I love that the Covid restrictions allowed Jackson and then me to be there with Kevin
-I love that I was reminded in D&C 88:84 of Jesus and Angels round about us to bear us up
-I love that our kids took care of each other and had fun together
-I love that Kevin is retired so he can rest for as long as he needs to
-I love that in the midst of something very scary, I could feel an abundance of the Spirit; completely calm and assured that everything would be ok, no matter how things worked out.
Last month I hired an awesome life coach.
I've worked with Jody Moore in her Be Bold membership for the past couple of years, but I wanted more one-on-one help, so I reached out to Jacqlin and she's been so great.
She's helping me understand my brain and take responsibility for my thinking, and I love her for it.
Yesterday she shared a blog post entitled Loving Life Even When You're Suffering.
It is so good and goes right along with our theme.
You can check it out HERE.

