I Can't Think of a Better Gift



A few months ago my mom told all us kids that the only thing she wanted for Christmas was for all of us to be together.
We would do anything for our mom, so plans were made and flights were booked and Saturday was the day.











And it was the best day.
We hadn't all been together since the funeral last January.



Mom also wanted to give us our Christmas gifts.
I knew she and Natalie were working on something and I figured it would have something to do with my Dad, but I didn't know what.





Since March, Natalie has been making quilts for all of us out of my Dad's shirts.
She would start each quilt, not knowing who it was for, and pray to know what quilt Dad would want each of us to have.  She had some very sweet experiences as she not only knew who needed to have which quilt but also a special message from my Dad came with each one.



My mom flew to Washington to see Natalie in July and together they chose all the backings for the quilts.







I won't share the details of my mom and siblings quilts but mine is made up of my Dad's work shirts.
Of all my siblings, I probably spent the most time working with my Dad (except maybe for Rick, who spent five months helping my Dad remodel the kitchen).  We updated two of my homes, were hired by a couple of people to paint their homes, I'd occasionally help him with his electrical jobs, we worked together at his rental properties and at the cabin.
He was such a hard worker and wanted me to know how proud he is of me for my work ethic and reminded me to continue to work hard.



So many great memories we have when we think of Dad in these shirts.







Actually, I will say one thing about Tricia's quilt.
Trish has always been great at decorating her house and Dad knew she'd want her quilt to match the colors in her family room :)
He noticed those sorts of things about his girls.









Natalie, the master quilt maker :)




































They've already been put to good use...





Thanks Natalie and Mom.
I can't think of a better gift.

Popular Posts