Missionary Monday - Berwyn Heights Week 1

Sooo guess what I'm back in Berwyn Heights 😂 One year later. It's pretty weird to be back here, feels like dayjavoo 24/7. Doing the same things in the same places and sometimes talking to the same people 😂 But anyways.
Last Monday we got a transfer call, even though we were told we wouldnt. I'm here in Berwyn heights in the silver Spring ward and Elder Peterson and Elder Skouson stayed in glenmont and got Elder Humphrey who goes home in 2 weeks. So that was a little upsetting. After dinner we had a missionary activity in the chapel for Sister Quintrequeo cause she was going home.

Tuesday was a bunch of packing with some knocking here and there.

Wednesday we went to transfers, I'm with Elder Vittetoe, he just finished being trained so I'm his "breaker" 😈. When we got back we did a bunch of finding and then we were supposed to have correlation in the chapel but after we got there it was canceled so that was kinda a bummer. We ended up having a lesson though so that was cool. There was a potential that we decided to try and visit and he was home! He kept telling us how busy he was and that's why he could never meet but he agreed to meet right then so we had a lesson. That was cool. We did it outside though cause he rents a room and we got murdered by mosquitos 😰 😂

Thursday morning we tracted in what looked like a Hispanic neighborhood but everyone who answered was black. Also had weekly planning and then dinner in the parking lot of the redskins stadium 🏟 Then some more finding. Correlation got resqueduled so we had it that night at the ward mission leaders house. Afterwards they gave us some huge sandwiches with a ton of jalapeños in them 🔥

Friday we were supposed to have a lesson at 9 am but when we got there no one answered 🤦🏾‍♂️ Then we had district council, I'm in Elder Bassos district again so that's fun. Since the lessons didn't happen we got to district council a little earlier than we planned and climbed the steeple, climbing the steeple is kind of unique to that chapel and neither of us had done it so that was cool. After district council we had some more huge sandwiches with more jalapeños 😂 After we had a lesson with some dominicans, we tried to put them on date but they juked us left and right, better luck next time. After dinner we played soccer with the elders quorum and that was fun except for I don't have soccer cleats so I was sliding everywhere looking like I was getting my ankles broken 😂

Saturday we had a lesson with a referral, the mom is super basic and not really interested at all, but she has two daughters with a friend that got baptized like a month or two ago and they seem promising. So we'll see if anything happens there. After a bunch of finding we went to the father's day activity at the chapel with a recent convert, it was Beach themed? I don't know why but it was cool.

Sunday there was a whole family that came to church that is on date so that was cool. It's two parents and then like 5 kids. The kids were off the walls during sacrament meeting though so they decided to go home after that... D'oh. Sunday night was why I believe, the Johnsons spoke because it was their last one so the visitors center president arranged a secret missionary program thing. The entire mission came and we sang called to serve, an efy medley, and our mission song. They both did really good. Then when I got home I Skyped for fathers day and I guess that was good too 😉

Today I don't know what will happen, I guess I'll go where the wind takes me 🤔 I hope you all had a great week and I look forward to hearing from you!

Elder Beck

Pictures:
One is a SNACK and ones a sandwich 
When she takes you on the date
Redskins stadium
Spanish squad with president 
The steeple, doesn't look very high in the pictures... 
More basso eating
District activity last week




















Popular Posts