My Dear Family

On January 8th, 2015, about eight months before his stage 4 prostate cancer diagnosis, my dad wrote his testimony to his family.  He didn’t share it with us until last week, four years later when my brother Rob found it on his iPad.  What a gift.  I hope as his posterity reads this they will know that my father knew his Savior Jesus Christ and had complete faith in him. 

My Dear Family,

I want you to know the great love I have for each of you. It is with this intent that I write these words to you. Through out my life I have been richly blessed by my Lord, my God, my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I know through trials of earth life I have been and will be tested. The intent of the test is to help me realize the great value that lies in eternal principles, even the principles taught by Jesus Christ and referred to as the gospel of Jesus Christ. In my life I have found when I am obedient, I am happy. When I keep the commandments, I prosper. When I am disobedient, the light and joy of living dims and I find myself frustrated and walking in the darkness of frustration and agitation which are the traveling companions of unhappiness. I want you to know that I know that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, that by him and through him all things were made, that by him and through him all things will be. Because of his great sacrifice we as a family will be together, as well as all families of the earth who strive to keep his commandments and follow his example. There are not enough words to describe the joy that fills my soul when moved upon by the Holy Ghost. I want you to know that I know that He lived, He died, He resurrected, and He lives  again. He will come again to take His rightful place as Lord of all the earth, even The King of Kings. May He bless you with a similar knowledge I pray in His holy name, even Jesus Christ. Amen.

Love,

Your Father







Popular Posts