Sloppy Joes & Child Support

Yesterday morning Kevin asked Lilly, Are you excited to watch the Super Bowl tonight?
Lilly:  What's the Super Bowl?
Mom:  Who's playing in the Super Bowl?


This was Lilly's first experience watching football (that she can remember) and she was curious about how the game worked.
Football just hasn't been the same since I saw Concussion, but we had a fun Super Bowl family night.


It was nice to have a slow weekend.  
Friday, Kev and I took down my parent's Christmas lights and the girls had fun with Mama Jan and Papa Tom eating sloppy joes and watching the game show Child Support.
My dad's pretty much been quarantined to his house all winter between being wiped out with a sore throat and cold and trying to avoid the flu, so he welcomes visits from healthy people.


Woven into all the good stuff there are challenges that come with kids.
Saturday night we were up until after 2am helping one of our kids with some hard things.  Earlier in the day Kevin checked me with the way I'd been talking to another one of the kids.  I wasn't thrilled about hearing it, but I needed to know and make some adjustments.  One of the blessings we have in our marriage is that we check each other.  It can be pretty uncomfortable for the one checking and the one being checked, but it's good.  It improves our marriage, makes us better parents, and better people.

Popular Posts