Reading

Every morning before the fun begins Lilly has to do her reading.
Learning to read has come pretty easy for the rest of our kids but Lilly has had to work extra hard at it.


If you don't know by now, she's probably our most stubborn kid.
Some days she wants no part of reading, but since she loves to play with friends, and she can't play with friends until after she does her reading, she does it and she's making progress.
One thing I've learned with my older girls who are in the Spanish immersion program is that if they get at all behind in any of the core subjects, learning Spanish becomes harder.  So hopefully with the extra effort she'll be ready to start 1st grade in a month.



I may get into some trouble for posting this gem but I couldn't resist.
It cracks me up every time I catch Kevin wearing my reading glasses.

Popular Posts