My Amazing Grace

You know you live in Utah when you can go skiing and swimming in the same month.


We checked the Draper Temple off Gracie's temple list the end of April.
But that's not what this blog post is about.
It's about my amazing Grace (sometimes I call Gracie Grace for short).


Last month she graduated from elementary school.
The 6th grade awards assembly was the day before school got out.  Usually the teachers call me to let me know if one of my kids will be getting an award.  I hadn't received any calls but decided I'd go anyway, just in case.  The day of her awards was also the day of sanding and finishing all the interior doors in the original Beck house.  Kev and I worked away on them all day.  I completely lost track of time and when I looked at the clock it was 3pm.  
We missed it.  
My amazing Grace came home with a whole slew of awards.  









She'd like everyone to know that Donald Trump signed this one!


Kev and I felt like horrible parents.  Horrible.  Gracie was so nice about all of it.  I have other children who would have been devastated and possibly resented us for missing it (and rightly so) but not Gracie.  She proudly showed us every award and we showered her with praise.  Good job Gracer!  You are amazing!

Popular Posts