The Thrifty Shopper


Today me and Estabon had a date.  We went to the orthodontist, the bank, my parents house, and the thrift store.  


Ever since I started watching the Duggars back on Christmas Eve 2008 I've been impressed with their "motto" Buy used and save the difference.  I have thought for years I should be better about doing that but it hasn't been until this last year that I started getting serious about it.  I have saved a ton of money and I can't help but think how much money I could have saved over the years had I been a thriftier shopper :).


Esty was annoyed with me for dragging him into the thrift store but it didnt take long for him to get into the spirit of it...he got a kick out of the size of this shoe.  I think it was like a size 16.



And then he found himself a snowboarding helmet for 3 bucks and this Under Armour shirt (all my boys are Under Armour snobs) for 2 bucks!  He's now a thrift store convert :).  And he's a great sport for letting me take this cheesy picture.



I went visiting teaching today with my dear friend Lois (the same Lois that Janie took the card to on Saturday).  Lois knows how much Kloe loves owls so she gave Kloe this cute owl today.  Kloe's built quite the collection of owls.  She even has owl duct tape to make her pens with.


Popular Posts