Friends and Shopping

 
Today I am thankful for all the good friends I have in my life.  Some I see more often than others but all are a blessing.
 
I was up early this morning to make Dakota lunch before his early morning basketball practice (did I mention he made the Jr High basketball team?  Go Estabon!!!)  As I made sandwiches I was telling the husband about all of Daryl's words of wisdom from last night and I accidentally wrote this...
 

instead of "Dakota". 
I guess that's what happens when you have a baby keeping you up the last two nights.

 
Today was go to the junk store day.  You never know what treasures you'll find!  Check out these babies...they can be yours for just 7 bucks!  I'm afraid they would have to pay me to take home a pair.


 
After my JUNK STORE post last month I had a few friends and family ask if they could go with me so today Nora came along to share the junk store experience.  We had the best time and found the best deals!

 
One of our most exciting finds was cheese!  I've never paid attention to their cheese because I buy all mine at Costco but they have fabulous prices and great brands so I'll add cheese to December's junk store shopping list.


Towards the end of our trip I had an unexpected minor breakdown.  As I was rounding the toilet paper isle there was a woman with a crying baby boy.  I'm usually unfazed by crying babies, and often the crying baby belongs to me but this time was different.  The baby had a cry just like Baby Kevin's.  Baby Kevin's cry sounded very different from our other babies.  I don't even know how to explain it but it was beautiful and the few of us who heard it could tell how hard he had to work to cry.  This happens every so often where something triggers a memory or feeling about Baby Kevin, and I never see it coming.  I went to the first empty isle I could find.  Of course it was the baby isle but it worked out okay since I needed some bottles for Lilly :)  I should clarify, these little occasional breakdowns are never a bad thing, just bittersweet.

The trip was the most fun I've had at the junk store. I just love Nora and hadn't seen her since the summer of 2011 when we ran into each other in Jackson Hole.  Thanks Nora for a fun afternoon!
 

 
We had a date night with Kloe...she entertained us at Hale Theater with her little acting group and then we took her to dinner.  We talked about a boy who bugs her and a crazy dream she had last night.  She told us how excited she is to go on a mission.  I love that girls can go on a mission at 19 now!  We've always talked about serving missions with our boys and now the girls are included as well! 



 
Meanwhile, back at the house...Emmy has a new responsibility.  She gets to make dinner for the family every Thursday and she has informed the family that she will be serving some pretty rockin' meals!  I should have implemented this years ago and have no idea why I didn't.  She had a grand menu planned but had to go to plan B (which turned out fabulous--broccoli cheese and potato soup) when she realized she couldn't make her chicken dish with frozen chicken.  We'd had a couple of discussions about this but sometimes teenagers don't listen :)




Popular Posts