Cake Pops

We woke up this morning to Lilly crying on the baby monitor.  Kevin made her a bottle and put her in bed between us.  The next thing I hear is Janie's little voice What about me?  So Kevin lifted her into the bed as well. 
Janie snuggled right up to me and says, Mom, I can smell you,
Mom: What do I smell like?
Janie:  You smell like Mommy and Dinner

What an incredible week and a half it has been.  So full of tender mercies.  So many sacred moments I will forever treasure.  I'm still sad.  Actually I'm a lot more than sad.  Today has been the hardest day so far.  I wonder when I'll feel "normal" again--and maybe I never will.  Not that that is a bad thing, I just think I'll need to get used to a "new normal".
We are all so exhausted--physically, mentally, emotionally.  We even missed church today--we never miss church.  I think God will understand, just this once :)


We had our monthly Sollis Family Home Evening tonight.  I didn't feel like going but my head hurt from crying so I was up for a distraction.  Scott grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and for dessert we could choose from one or more of the following:

Cake Pops
(As you can see from the picture, all of the kids chose these!)
Lemon Cake
Ice Cream Cones
Ice Cream with Hot Fudge Sauce
Margaritas (non-alcoholic of course)

I went with a chocolate cake pop, lemon cake and Kev and I shared a couple of margaritas :)



Papa Tom gave a great lesson on receiving answers to prayer.  It was such a fun night and I'm so glad I went.


Comments

Kimmy said…
I am so grateful you decided to come also, so glad you started these family home evenings. And I am so happy you had lots of dessert:). FHE wouldn't be the same without you!

Popular Posts