- Sister Beck's Weekly Update

 Happy Fourth everybody ! I love the fourth of July:) I love America, I'm thankful that it's my home.

πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡²

We got surprising news Monday night that President needed hermana Gomez to go to Colmar for an emergency transfer. 
I'm devastated. I love her so much. We only lived with each other for 2 weeks in Lux and now just 2 weeks here in Brussels. I still think we'll be comps one more time. Or at least I hope so. 

Now its back to me and Sr Christiansen. Who would've thought. Pres really likes to be ✨️unpredictable✨️

On Saturday we had our first sport activity. We are trying new ways to find and so we set up an event for every Saturday. People can just come and play sports !! Not a lot of people came this time BUT. An inactive Mexican member, her son, her atheist brother in law, and their Dutch friend came and the elders and a few of their friends. The inactive member saw my post in a Mexicanos en bruselas group. They were super confused on why we were all white but they were SOO nice. The atheist guy Tim let me ride his electric scooter... I was thriving. They said they want to come every week :,) so that is a big fat blessing. 

We ate waffles 3 times this week, not upset about that. I couldn't tell you why they're so good, something about them is just different. There's gotta be some ~secret~ to them. 
The first time we had one πŸ§‡ was after Hermana Gomez left and we were starving.
Then all our lessons cancelled one day so we got a depression waffle. 
Then the third time was with the cutest Peruvian member. We were on our way back from the sports activity and she was like: hey what was the food you guys told me to try? 
And we were like: belgian waffles. 
Then she said: okay let's get some. 
She was so sweet. And they were so good. πŸ˜‹

On Sunday I gave my testimony and I can't tell you how cool it was to finally be able to do it in spanish to a ward that speaks Spanish. It was the first time on my mission that I have noticed and felt strongly the gift of tongues. That's been a touchy subject for me because I hear missionaries talk about it and how it's helped them all the time but I've always felt that I get tripped up over my words a lot and what I want to say is not what I end up saying. I feel like I don't make sense half the time. I pray for the gift of tongues but haven't ever felt it the way I felt it when I was giving my testimony.

I prayed before I went up and essentially was like: hey Heavenly Father, I want to go up but I'm gonna really need to be able to think clearly and not get caught up in the grammar and if I'm saying it how a native would say it. I just want to speak what I want to speak. 
He DELIVERED. 

As I was speaking, the words and their correct conjugations kept coming to me SOOO quickly. I was able to speak everything I had wanted and I didn't stutter or have to reexplain anything. It was the coolest thing ever. People were nodding their heads like they were understanding me too πŸ˜‚
I got down from the stand and my comp was like: Dang. That was perfect. 

God is good.

Me and Sister Chris have to do the music cause there's not enough people. She plays piano, I lead. 
Yesterday we sang #1 Ya Rompe el Alba (The Morning Breaks) No one knows the tune to it so it was just me singing trying to get everyone to follow and halfway through the second verse the second counselor makes us stop and tells us we are singing the wrong song. We were like ??? That is the tune? That is the song? And he was like "are you playing 1 are you playing 1?" And we were like YESS.
Turns out they got confused and wanted to actually sing #24 El Alba ya Rompe. (The daydawn is breaking) 
It was so awkward. 
Look how similar those names are.
Ya Rompe el Alba 
El Alba Ya Rompe. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ 

Sister Chris was losing it. Anyway that will be an embarrassing core memory for the next few months. 

The work here is rough. Everyone lives very far and the transportation isn't great. A tonnn of the members have gone back to their countries for a month or two for vacation so we really do not have much to work with. I think it's been my hardest area workwise. Lots of cancelations. But ca va, the work continues. We're trying different things. 

Love you all to bits

Las Fotossss 
▪︎ saying goodbye to my girl :,( 
▪︎ waffles, waffles 
▪︎ the amomium, anotium, atoniun, atomium? 
▪︎ scooter joy 
▪︎ Pascuala and more waffles πŸ€πŸ™ŒπŸ½
▪︎ square pizza just like my mommas (don't worry mom urs is better) 
▪︎ America πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ 












Popular Posts