Summer Days at the Cabin

Love love love Summer days at the cabin!
Really, I love all days at the cabin.
Lilly came to me a couple of days before we would be going.
She'd done the math and realized we would get home on Friday and Julia would be moving Saturday.
She was so so sad, so we talked to Julia's mom and arranged for Julia to come along.


I had a little talk with Lilly before we left about there being NO DRAMA and she listened.  They played perfectly together all week long.





The Ridley's Market sells 89 cent single scoop ice cream cones that are more like a triple scoop.
We were dripping everywhere.
These two got grody bubble gum ice cream and they loved it.


Kloe and Nick joined us for part of the time.
We like Nick.  Kloe's on her best behavior when she's around Nick.  She even pretends to be a morning person, and is so pleasant :)


One of my favorite cabin traditions growing up was playing BINGO with Grandma Emmy.  She'd bring a variety of full size candy bars for prizes and I'm pretty sure that's how I tried my first BIG HUNK--love those!
The BINGO markers were missing so we used Fruit Loops instead. 


My kids love the cabin too and they're all so appreciative.  In every prayer offered at the cabin they mention how grateful they are to Mama Jan and Papa Tom and his family for building it.

Popular Posts