Planning Girls Camp in the Snow


We had a Stake girls camp planning retreat over the weekend.
While I'm not a fan of the snow, I do love cabin snow.


I seriously have the dream team for camp leaders!
I think I'm telling them here how my biggest weakness is that I'm a victim to the beat.  I hear music and my body takes over.  Every time we are out somewhere and there's music playing Kev and the kids give me the "oh, no, don't start dancing" look.  It's all I can do not to dance jog when I'm on the treadmill at the gym.


From left to right...Cindy is our camp director.  Cindy is the queen of all things camping.  She was a ward young women president at our last Stake camp and was a huge help.  As soon as Cindy was released from that calling, I snatched her up!  Next is Tracy.  Cindy chose Tracy to be her assistant.  I hadn't met Tracy until the retreat and she is wonderful.  The girls will love her!  Eryn is my second counselor.  She is one of the happiest people I've ever met.  She's the crafty one in our presidency, thank heavens.  She does all the stuff I don't like to do :).  Rachael is our secretary.  She's the youngest of the four of us and can relate best to the girls.  She's a fantastic baker and always willing to help with whatever we need.



Eryn had foot surgery last month so she got the best chair in the house.


And then there is Margaret, my first counselor.  Everyone loves Margaret.  She's from New Zealand and her accent combined with her sense of humor keeps us all entertained.  Her laugh is contagious and she can sing like Whitney Houston.


Lia (with the Utes blanket) is our camp chef.  She's a caterer and food is her thing.  It was so great to get to know her better.  She loves girls camp and is so much fun!


We bonded over food, games, and good conversation Friday night.  
Saturday morning we got down to business with the camp planning.  As I listened to these women I had no doubt the Lord's hand is involved in the details of our camp.


Thanks Rach for documenting our fun weekend!

Popular Posts