Arise Early

In our mission preparation class Sunday we talked with the kids about the blessings of getting up early.
Getting up early to workout, pray and study my scriptures has been a huge blessing in my life, as has our morning family prayer scripture study.  It helps me connect with my Heavenly Father and my Savior.  It brings me peace, helps me get my mind right and my priorities straight.

Doctrine & Covenants gives some pretty cool promises to those who rise early...

Cease to be idle; cease to be unclean; cease to find fault one with another; cease to sleep longer than is needful; retire to thy bed early, that ye many not be weary; arise early, that your bodies and your minds may be invigorated. 
--Section 88 verse 124

I also like verse 83...He that seeketh me early shall find me, and not be forsaken.


There aren't many things better than being in the temple early in the morning.



Last week Gracie checked the Provo Temple off her Utah temple list.  
She only has a few left...Vernal, Brigham City, Cedar City and Jordan River.


Aren't many things better than waffles in the morning either.

Popular Posts