Never Convenient

I have been feeling extra grateful today.
So many blessings happening around the Beck house.


Love watching these girls grow up and blossom into unique, amazing people.
Love seeing them learn new things and form their own opinions and beliefs.  
I taught a time management class last week and one of the things I spoke about was the importance of making our personal needs a priority.  I have found that when I meet my needs they often also meet the needs of some of my other priorities.  For instance, I love recognizing talents and strengths in my kids and helping them develop them.  It's like a shot in the arm for me, and then it also meets my priority of nurturing my kids.  It's one of the few ways I multi-task productively :).


We had such a good weekend.  I was especially excited to have a girls night Saturday.  We planned to go out for pizza and then go to our church to watch the General Women's Conference.
Just as we sat down to eat, my friend called.  This is a friend who never calls me unless it's an emergency, we usually talk in person or we text.  So I knew when I saw her number that something was up.  She was on her way to the hospital and asked if I'd meet her there and stay with her until she knew if her son was going to be okay, they thought he'd had a heart attack.
I knew I should go but I felt so bad leaving my girls.  My girls are awesome though and were totally understanding.  Kloe even said, "Mom service is never convenient".
So I dropped the girls off at the church and went to the hospital.  
My friend did need me and I'm grateful I could be there for her.  Later than night Kloe sent me this text...


Emmy also pointed out that you can always go back and listen to the talks but you can't retroactively help someone in need.  My girls are so dang smart :).


Janie has officially passed on her Spidy jacket and love for fake glasses to Lilly.
And how do you like Janie's vintage Vera?  She got it for her birthday and she loves it so much.


It was the day of Kevin yesterday.  I'll post about his day of birth celebration tomorrow.

Popular Posts