Missionary Monday - So Far So Good


So far so good, the plane ride was fine, my seat was an isle seat in the very back where there isn't a window so I couldn't see anything, it was kinda like being kidnapped and dropped off in another country. We took about an hour long bus ride through Mexico city, it was about as dumpy as Puerto Pensaco, but with more buildings. When we finally got to the MTC it was unreal. It's called the "CCM" here, it is extremely beautiful, the pictures I saw before coming here didn't do it justice at all. It is surrounded by mountains that are very close, and have those cement houses that are all connected, they cover the bottom half of the mountain which sounds like an eye sore but it looks incredible day and night. Anyways, I'll talk about what we have done so far, the day after we arrived felt like the longest day of my life, but in a good way, sorta. Haha. Every day is already planned out and the first day, from the second we woke up til we went to bed there was somewhere we had to be and something we were supposed to do. Between tours, welcomes, studying, language, meetings, and interviews, it was a long 16 hours. I've learned a lot already, they don't waste any time introducing you to the language, our second day we taught our "investigator" Cintia. Learning all the Spanish gospel terms is hard, and teaching a lesson on the plan of salvation in Spanish is even harder. We have been progressing her through the lessons each day that  we are scheduled to teach her. It gets easier every time so that's good. The food is pretty grodey, I usually load up on rice, salad, cantaloupe and jello. They have cantaloupe all three meals and it is pretty great. I met grandma's cousin Hermana Stapley.

I'd say more but we are going to the temple, I wrote most of this throughout the week during personal time so I could send it real fast before we left and have more time to email after, at least I hope they give us time. -Elder Beck




Popular Posts