Why Didn't You Tell Me

We had my parents over for Sunday dinner a couple weeks ago.
Fun fact about my mom, she's kind of an open book.  She'll tell you anything you want to know about her and she has LOTS of great stories about growing up on the farm.  So I asked her to tell the kids one of my favorites...about how she was 14 when she found out about the birds and the bees.


Grandma and Grandpa Moon didn't have "the talk" with their kids.  Growing up on a farm with various animals they were surrounded with the circle of life.  My mom never gave much thought about how babies were made until one day she saw one of their bulls on top of a cow, she saw e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g and it all came together.


She stormed into the house and said to her mom, "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!!"
(the children were gripped, just like I knew they would be)
Grandma Moon just figured she already knew.

Popular Posts