It's a Miracle

Last week my scripture to memorize for the week was 
D&C 64:32-33
But all things must come to pass in their time.
Wherefore, be not weary in well doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work.  And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.

First of all, it's a miracle I've memorized 17 scriptures.  Seriously.  A total miracle.
I can feel parts of my brain waking up that were put to bed when I finished college.
Second of all, I love this scripture.  Being a mom is a lot of work.  Some nights I go to bed feeling weary and wondering if I'm giving my kids all that they need.  There are so darn many of them.  But it's always encouraging to look at Jackson and Emmy.  They are on their own now and they are doing amazing so hopefully the rest of the kids will follow.  I may go to bed weary some nights but I always wake up happy and hopeful as Kev and I gather them around the dining room table for family prayer and scriptures.  That 20 minutes or so is a small thing but the blessings of laying that foundation are felt throughout the entire day.



We had a pretty great weekend.
We got to celebrate Mama Linda at The Roof Restaurant and take the traditional elevator picture.


The girls got to spend some time with the cow.



I was able to spend Saturday afternoon with Nikki and Catherine at the Salt Lake Temple.
We went to lunch afterward.  It's been 4 years since Catherine and I lost our boys and 1 year for Nikki.




Have I ever mentioned I love all things coconut?
Well, I do.
I found a few new evil coconut treats over the weekend.



The last of the family went home yesterday.
Having us all together was so much fun.
I think it was just what my Dad and Mom needed.
We'll be together again with our families this July for a Sollis reunion.



This is random but Mindy found the worlds biggest fortune cookie.
Or it could be pacman.



Last night for family night Tam and Steve gave the lesson and we played Family Feud with some gospel trivia.  Here we all are trying to connect to the Internet.  Our Internet is sub-par but in the basement it's even worse.





I checked in with my big kids.
Sunday nights they bond over dinner and a little Netflix.
And just look at them matching.

Popular Posts