Going Short

For as long as Papa Tom has been my Dad he has always had the same haircut...


Except for those couple of months in 1981 when he had a perm...


He's going to lose all his hair once he starts chemo next week so he decided to go short so that the change from a thick full head of hair to no hair wouldn't be quite so drastic.  My mom has always cut Dad's hair but never short like this, so my brother in law Scott (who cuts his own hair and is pretty much a professional man hair cutter) gave him a haircut tonight....




As soon as I saw Dad's new hair he reminded me of his Dad, my Grandpa Sollie...


His full name is Clarence Laverne Sollis.
He never liked the name Clarence so everyone called him Sollie.
My Dad lost his Dad to brain cancer when he was 9.
Cancer stinks :(

Popular Posts