Faith and My Firstborn

I love that my religion teaches of the power of FAITH.

Today is President's Day.
20 years ago today, on President's Day, I gave birth to our Jackson Thomas.  
Even though his birthday is February 21st I always think about his birth day every President's Day!
He was actually due Saturday, March 12th.  
The plan was, I would finish my student teaching at USU March 11th, spend the next week shopping and preparing for Jackson's arrival 1-2 weeks late (because my Mom always went over a couple of weeks with her pregnancy's, so of course I would be just like her.--Fun fact, all 8 of our children have come early).
Things did not go as planned.


The plan was also that we'd be having a girl.
We didn't know if this baby was a boy or a girl but I was sure, it had to be a girl.
On February 21st, at 9:41am with the help of Kevin by my side and Dr. Landeen and his forceps, our cute little 6 pound 12 ounce cone-headed baby boy was born.



We instantly fell in love.
I wrote in my journal...We can't stop looking at him.  We have never been happier!  I think my love for Kevin has doubled in the past two days.  He's been with me night and day. He took off work and school and has devoted every minute to me and this baby.
I'll spare you what I wrote about breast milk, how I couldn't sit down without a doughnut (not the kind you eat), and the baby class Kevin and I went to in the hospital where we were sure the lady teaching the class was going to remove her shirt to show us how to do self breast exams and breastfeed.


It was bringing Jackson into this world that taught me my first real lessons on faith.
We got pregnant on faith.  With us both in school and barely making enough to pay for rent, food and gas, how would we afford to start a family?  On faith.  After finishing my teaching degree three weeks after Jackson was born I made the decision not to pursue a teaching career and stay home with our Jackson.  How did we do it?  On faith.  It hasn't been easy but Heavenly Father has helped us and still helps us.  We have seen the hand of the Lord in our marriage and family multiple times because of faith.



Check out who our friend Rhett met today at the airport (this is for all you Parenthood fans).



Gracie's friend Cambree took her to see the Ice Castles in Midway today.
I had planned to take the kids when we go to the cabin next week but due to the warm weather we've been having, today is the last day the Ice Castles will be open this year :(.  Bummer.


Comments

Popular Posts