The Pukes and Home School

The stomach bug hit Janie yesterday and Lilly today.  The rest of us enjoyed it in October and November so now we've all had it.  We'd hate to leave anyone out.


My sister Tricia introduced us to this nasty stuff in November and it works wonders!  Everyone in the house who has taken it either stops throwing up or throws up just one more time and then the pukes are over.  You can find it at Whole Foods Markets or order it on iHerb.com (love this store).



This is Lilly showing me what her stomach feels like.  
Too bad you can't hear the sound effects.



Janie has been so excited to start "Home School", not to be confused with the type of home school the Duggars do.  The only home school my kids get is the year before they go to Kindergarten.  I don't really have a testimony of Preschool, although I do believe there are certain circumstances that warrant it.  When I was studying to be an Elementary teacher I learned about studies that have been done where they have some kids start school at 5 and some start at 8 and by the time the kids turn 10 they're all basically on the same level. I kind of feel like we start kids in Kindergarten a little early as it is-- and I like having my little ones with me as long as possible.  So, I teach them all they need to know to be ready for Kindergarten (Except for Estabon.  I was shocked to find out at his Kindergarten assessment that although he knew how to recite the alphabet he couldn't put a name to each of the letters.  Thankfully I've gotten better at this mom thing over the years.)

Anyway, even though Janie was sick she did not want to miss her first day of home school.  She loved taking her meals and her lessons in bed :).

Comments

Popular Posts