Missionary Monday - 10th Week in Michigan

I don't have a whole lot to say today. This week went by really fast. I can't believe we are already in week 5 of my second transfer.
 
My visa website hasn't changed, but I've heard of at least two other Elders (one from Utah) who's website says theirs is ready, so hopefully they are starting to come.
 
We had a half mission training on Thursday that I really enjoyed. The main themes were the power of the Book of Mormon, and member missionary work. I'm really glad that the mission has refocused on member missionary work. Before the broadcast the general attitude among missionaries was that the more doors you knock on, the better missionary you are.
 
Two weeks ago we were having our weekly lunch with one of the members that is a chef and we got on the subject of chess. He proceeded to talk quite highly of his chess skill and basically threw down the gauntlet and told us to bring a board next week. We didn't bring it the next week because we thought he would just forget. But the next week he asked about it again and I couldn't resist. So when we were over there I brought the board and SMASHED HIM. Twice. The fact that this was one of the highlights of the week should tell you what kind of week it was.
 
We had a great week with Duane. He loved church and we brought a member to one of the lessons and they hit it off super well. But then he didn't come to church yesterday so we have to figure out what his deal is tomorrow.
 
Cecilia's custody case is today. Hopefully after its out of the way she'll be able to focus.
 
Yeah this letter stinks, sorry. Have a good 4th of July.
 
Elder Beck
 
Picture - I love this picture. We are at Cecilia's. Notice the dog fight going on in the bottom left and Brayden (He is 3) playing a very graphic video game next to Elder Anderson. I crack up every time I look at this.


 


Comments

Popular Posts