A Busy Day in Boston

At about 8am Mindy and I arrived in Boston. We flew through the night and thanks to the parents sitting behind us who let their children kick our seats THE ENTIRE FLIGHT, neither one of us got any sleep. But we didn't let the lack of sleep get us down. We joined Megan and Tricia, dropped off our luggage at Megan's place and headed out for a day of fun! First stop...

Megan loves this place and so did we! Some people vacation for the entertainment, some to see the sights and others for the food. I love all aspects of vacationing but I especially love the food...I eat one meal and then look forward to the next one :)

The banana, walnut gooey delicious waffles were my favorite!
Life size Barbie was a little scary.

Our next stop was the campus of MIT. I'll admit it. I am clueless. It came as a complete surprise to me that MIT was in Boston. I'm not sure where I thought it was.

How do you like my coat? Boston is much colder than Utah. The husband suggested I take the warmest coat he owns. I took his advice and was not disappointed. I was never once cold the entire trip.

We walked the freedom trail. Saw lots of great cemeteries.

I should have taken notes through out the trip. I can't remember the names of half the things we saw. When Megan gets her blog posts up about the trip I'll refer you there. She'll have all the details and then some!

Thank you very nice security guard and Megan's new friend, Paul, for letting us out onto the (normally locked) balcony. The view was incredible!

Megan and her new friend Paul.

If you are having anger issues the people at the Park Street Church can help.

We had to visit Cheers...

3 out of 4 of us wanted to stay and eat. When we found out we were there during happy hour and all the appetizers were half price 4 out of 4 of us wanted to stay and eat :)

Check out the bill...

We did some shopping, more sight seeing, lots of subway riding, and finished the night with the world's best Ice Cream!

It very well could be. It was so good we're going back again tomorrow :)

Comments

Popular Posts